Boats on seaford beach



Thank you for choosing Premier Lets to find your new home. Premier Lets are members of the Association of Residential Letting Agents  (ARLA Propertymark) giving you the assurance you will receive the highest level of integrity and customer service. All tenants’ monies are kept in a separate clients’ account and are protected with Property Mark. We are also members of the Property Ombudsman (TPO) and abide to their Code of Conduct, copies of which are available on request or can be downloaded from their website;

Premier Lets have the largest selection of properties for rental, if you register your details with us we will text or email you as soon as new properties become available. We will arrange your viewings and have courtesy vehicles if you require transport.

See the Government Guide on how to rent here

ARLA Propertymark Protected Stacked


premier lets to let sign

a view out to sea from the seven sisters

Making an Offer

Once you have found a suitable property you need to make an offer to the Landlord. Once agreed with the landlord you will be required to pay a holding deposit equal to one week’s rent to reserve the property while we obtain references and Right To Rent checks.

At this stage you should make no definite arrangements to move into the above property. Should your tenancy proceed you will be responsible for your own moving costs and you must also insure your personal belongings. Please ensure there is mobile phone and internet reception at the property if this is important to you.


Each applicant over 18 will need to be referenced and we will be required to provide proof of residency, photographic proof of identification and proof of eligibility to reside and work in the UK. The referencing usually includes a credit check, landlord check and employment check. Self-employed applicants will be required to provide an accountant’s reference and may be required to provide their last six months bank statements. The referencing company will assess if you have enough earnings to cover the rent, approximately your basic income should be at least two and half times the annual rent. If you are a student, in receipt of housing benefit, newly employed or your income is lower than required than you will need to provide a guarantor who would need to prove they have the necessary income to pay the rent if you default.

If you are aware of any potential problems regarding the referencing please contact our office without delay to discuss as we do have some flexibility within the referencing system.

eastbourne pier



Holding Deposit – One Week’s rent

This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 15 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).

 Security Deposit – Five weeks’ rent.

This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.

Unpaid Rent

Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.

Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s)

Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).

Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request)

£50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.

Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request)

£50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher.

To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents

Early Termination (Tenant’s Request)

Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.



 Company Let £300 (inc. VAT)

Admin fee for referencing and preparation of Tenancy Agreement.

Garage Let £35 (inc VAT)

Admin fee for credit check and preparation of Garage Agreement


Please contact our offices if you have any questions about our fees.


A security deposit is required for all tenancies. This normally is the equivalent of five week’s rent. The deposit will be protected within one of the government deposit schemes (non-regulated tenancies such as company and garage lets are not protected and will be kept in our clients account. At the end of the tenancy, the deposit will be used for any damages and unpaid rent.

Tenancy Agreement

The Tenancy Agreement will be an Assured Shorthold Tenancy unless a company or garage let. The initial tenancy is normally for a fixed period of either six or twelve months. At the end of the fixed term you may be able to renew the tenancy subject to agreement with the landlord. If the landlord does not want to extend the tenancy then the landlord will give you two months’ notice.

Rent Payments

A standing order will be set up two days before the rent is due to pay the monthly rent. Tenants are jointly and severally liable for paying the rent and utility bills.


If we fully manage the property we will arrange for any repairs, subject to the landlords permission. For non- managed properties you will liaise directly with the landlord regarding repairs.


The landlord is responsible for insuring the building but any contents and personal possessions are the tenant’s responsibility to insure.


We will arrange for the accounts for gas, electricity, water, sewerage and council tax to be transferred into the tenant’s names. Please note we are unable to transfer telephone accounts and we also do not advise the TV License department. This can be done online at or by calling 08448006779.

If you have not received notification from the utility companies within two weeks of checking in then you must inform our office. If your property does not have a telephone line or television aerial connected than it will be your responsibility to pay for this provision.

Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

The EPC shows the property’s energy performance rating together with approximate running costs for heating, hot water and lighting. You should ensure you view the certificate before making an offer, if you haven’t received one please contact our office.